The majority of my time is split between national mayhem work, Allstate’s sports sponsorship work like the Sugar Bowl and BCS National Champs game, and specialty lines like motorcycle, snowmobile, boat, etc. Currently I have a handful of Mayhem commercials, motorcycle and snowmobile work that’s in production. When the N.D.A. is lifted I will throw it on the blog, but for now I just wanted to show my friends and family some of the less “glamorous” work I’ve done in the past few months, and the steps it takes to create it.
Life insurance.
My assignment was to create a life insurance campaign that speaks to new parents.
So I brainstormed a bunch of ideas. Which looked like this:
Then my art director and I share ideas with each other, and take our favorites to our Creative Director. We whittled it down to 3 ideas and then present them to the client. Here are the two print ads from the campaigns the client didn't pick.
The winning campaign came from the idea that new parents have to juggle so much with a new baby that they actually become masters at doing things with one hand. In comparison, a quick call to Allstate for life insurance seems like the easiest thing they’ll ever do with one arm.
Idea: Hero Moms
Getting Life Insurance is the Easiest Thing You’ll Do With Just One Arm
These were the rough comps we showed the client.
Once Allstate gave us the okay we hired the phototgrapher, Martin Schoeller. He helped us bring these ideas to life. Take a look.
The baby in the Carnival print ad is actually my daughter. The talent agency we were using couldn't find a baby with the specs we wanted. So my daughter stepped up.






No comments:
Post a Comment