Today's prescribed vanity isn't fair, in order to be connected or noticed one must have a Facebook page, twitter account, personal website and a blog. And what do you do with these components? Talk about yourself?
Facebook asks; What's on your mind?
Twitter wants to know; What are you doing?
I say, who really cares?
Okay, hold on, I have to admit its nice to log on to Facebook and check out what my friends are up to, from time to time. However, when I sign on and see my friend Sarah has taken the "Which Disney Princess are You?" quiz 5 times until she gets the response she's looking for, I say to my self, is that really necessary?
Or when Ashton Kutcher feels that it is crucial to inform everyone on twitter that he had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. I mean, come on now.
So why am I starting this blog?
Because all of the AD recruiters said so. Apparently having a personal writers journal is not good enough, they want you to post all of your thoughts and writings online
So I guess I will be moving my writers journal to this blog.
-Enjoy

No comments:
Post a Comment